The American Women's Club of Zurich is a dynamic community representing all ages, backgrounds and experience. Approximately 70 percent of our members are originally from the United States. The other 30 percent represent a wonderful mixture of cultures from around the world and have lived or worked in the US or have close ties to the US. While English is the working language of the Club, German, French, Italian, Spanish and other languages are often spoken among the members. Apply for membership now!
With AWCZ Membership Comes Privilege
Here are just some of the many privileges of AWCZ membership:
- Access to our centrally located Clubhouse to meet with friends over coffee, surf the Internet on our WiFi, or swap magazines and paperbacks
- Access to our English-language Library with over 6500 books and 1200 DVDs
- Access to over 20 events and activities per month, including American holiday celebrations, Workshop Week and the Living in Zurich® program
- Access to activities and groups, support networks and monthly coffees
- Well-equipped rooms and a professional kitchen available for rental at member rates
- Annual subscription to The Round Robin magazine and electronic newsletter
- Secured login access to the AWCZ website
- FAWCO Membership (Federation of American Women's Clubs Overseas)
- Educational and development grant programs through FAWCO
- FAUSA membership (FAWCO Alumni USA)
- Connections to other women's clubs throughout Switzerland and the world
- Involvement in local and global charities
Learn how to apply for membership!